2021 ACA Tuesday Criterium Series
Beginner(4-5)/Masters 40+(1-4)/Women(1-5) Racers
-- PRELIMINARY --
COVID-19 Protocol is in effect and strictly enforced. No exceptions.
*** Please click here to view our policy.***
*** Please direct all COVID-19 concerns to email@example.com***
Bud Harris Cycling Park
Sponsored by the Allegheny Cycling Association
Sanctioned by USA Cycling (USAC)
USA Cycling Race Permit 2021-3582
0.5 mile banked oval
- Every Tuesday beginning April 13 through August 24, 2021
- Preregistration only online at BikeReg. No at race registration.
- All Participants must e-sign the following releases online every week when registering at BikeReg:
- Standard USACycling Release Form
- 2021 City of Pittsburgh Release Form
- COVID-19 Waiver
- Races begin at 6:15pm. Race order:
- Masters Men 40+ USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and Women 35+ USAC Cat 1, 2, 3 (Class M)
- Open Women USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Class W)
- Men and Women USAC Cat 4, 5 (Class C)
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/18, 6/15, 7/20, 8/17) - Masters - Bullet course
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/18, 6/15, 7/20, 8/17) - Women - Bullet course
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/18, 6/15, 7/20, 8/17) - C - Normal Oval course
- Rainouts or cancellations of Bullet course will
NOT be rescheduled to the following week
- All other Tuesdays - All races - Normal Oval course
- ACA members $10 via $5 coupon code provided with ACA membership.
A non-member use of a members coupon code will result in a season-long ban from competing
in ACA events for both the non-member who used the code and the member who provided it.
- non-ACA members $15
- Fee includes USAC insurance and City of Pittsburgh surcharge
- First race number is free, replacement fee is $5
(Numbers from 2019 can be used if readable and in good condition)
- Class C (USAC Cat 4, 5 men and women)
- Class W (USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 women)
- Class M (40+ Men USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and 35+ Women Cat 1, 2, 3)
- If you need a one-day USAC Cat 5 license to race in the (C) Cat 4, 5
race or (W) Cat 3, 4, 5 the license MUST be prepaid on BikeReg and
and the license form must be filled out at the race according to USACycling guidelines
- Categories are strictly enforced
- Distances depend on weather and light conditions and field sizes
- !!NEW!! (Effective June 1) Field sizes of 30(C), 35 (W), 35(M) are strictly enforced
- Results will not be announced at the race
- Results will be promptly posted at www.acaracing.com
(normally within 24 hours)
- There will be no challenges of race results at the race. Challenges may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the posting of the results.
Series Points and Awards
- Thirteen Race Points Series
- Series points begin on June 1, 2021
- Series points end on August 24, 2021
- !!NEW!! Points awarded to top eight in the Class C, W and M races - 14,10,7,5,4,3,2,1.
- !!NEW!! Team points for C, W and M awarded to top eight finishers on
registered teams - 14,10,7,5,4,3,2,1
(max three team members can score points per event)
- If a non-ACA member places in the top 8 places, those points are discarded,
they are not passed down to the next ACA member.
- 1 prime worth 1 individual series point each evening in each race*
- Series Most Aggressive Rider (MAR) Class C, W and M
- Winner of each lap in each race is recorded
- Racer with most laps at the end of the race is awarded 3 series MAR points for that class**
- Racer with second most laps is awarded 2 series MAR points for that class**
- Racer with third most laps is awarded 1 series MAR point for that class**
- MAR points do NOT count toward regular series points
- Twelve of the thirteen individual races count toward final points total (lowest score is dropped)
- !!NEW!! Racers who score a total of 15 points in the normal race or 5 MAR points
in a higher category will have their points frozen in all lower categories.
- !!NEW!! Trophies and prize money to top 3 at annual ACA Awards Banquet.
- Only currently-paidup 2021 ACA members may accumulate points. (No retroactive points!)
- You must register as an ACA member through BikeReg BEFORE the race in
which you participate in order to score points and in order to get the ACA member race discount
(You will NOT be able to join the ACA at the race! All membership registration is online through BikeReg.)
* Prime series points are individual only. They do not count in the team competitions.
** Tiebreaker is the rider's place in the final sprint.
- Payouts per Race -- All Classes
- 1st Place-$15
- 2nd Place-$10
- 3rd Place-$5
- There will be NO on-site cash awards. Prize money dispursement will be managed through PayPal.
The ACA will contact prize money winners for their PayPal information.
Series Points and Awards
To be determined later
The Bud Harris Cycling Park is located at 1401 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206.
If you're coming across the Highland Park Bridge toward the zoo, skip the zoo exit
off the bridge and take the next exit onto Allegheny River Blvd (Rt 8 south). At the first light,
make a right and proceed 1/2 mile on Washington Blvd to the next light. Make a right
into the Pittsburgh Police parking lot. You'll be able to see the course from Washington Blvd.
If you're coming from Oakland, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill area, follow Fifth Avenue until
it becomes Washington Blvd. Continue on Wash Blvd past the Pgh Fire Fighters Training School. At
the next light, make a left into the Pittsburgh Police parking lot and park in
the lot to the right of the building.
Rules and Regulations
- All USACycling Rules apply
- Standard USACycling Athletes Release, City of Pittsburgh Release and COVID-19 waiver must be e-signed online when registering
- Please be on your best behavior!!! Abusive or Foul language WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
- This is a Pittsburgh City Park. ACA does not own or have exclusive use of this
- The ACA does have a permit from the city to use this course on Tuesday evenings. However,
please be courteous to other citizens who may be using the course when you arrive.
- There are restroom and vending facilities in the police building adjacent to the course
which we are permitted to use. So, please use the toilets there instead of the woods. Wash. Blvd
is busy and there will be persons and police coming and going from the parking lot, so please no
public urination. You will be DQ'd for this violation.
Do NOT use the parking lot for warmups or cooldowns. The police complain (and enforce this)
every week about this, so either warmup in the infield, use the roads or bring trainers or rollers.
If you use the infield, please warmup in a clockwise direction (opposite of the race direction).
Do NOT park in the lot reserved for the police. The Oval parking is separated from
the police parking.
- Event is held rain or shine, except in downpour/dangerous weather situations
- Promoters reserve the right to combine classes in inclement conditions
- Check the web site and social media sites for cancellations at 5:00pm
- The ACA mail list will also be used to announce cancellations or changes
- Please see our Flood Policy document for further information
Web Design by: Jack Neyer
ACA Logo Design by Jim Bruno
Logo design funding provided by Cocoa Elite