2022 ACA Criterium Series Race Policy
- There are field limits as described in the race announcement and they will be strictly enforced
with no exceptions due to safety considerations. Eligible racers must be preregistered. There is
no onsite day of race registration.
- Preregistration closes at 4:00PM on the day of the race.
- COVID-19 protocol is strictly enforced for everyone, including those who are fully vaccinated.
- In accordance with USAC policy, everyone who meets category requirements will be eligible to enter into a
race of that category regardless of experience in that category, e.g. all Cat 3 riders are eligible for
Cat 1, 2, 3 and Cat 3, 4 races.
- In accordance with USAC policy, disqualification from current and future races in the series is the sole
responsibility of the officials.
- The promoter (or his/her agents) reserves the right to suggest that racers acting in an unsafe manner or
exhibiting unsafe bike handling skills drop down a race category to gain more experience.
- Prize money will not awarded in the case of races suspended due to unforeseen events such as crashes,
inclement weather, etc. Cash primes called prior to the cancellation will be awarded. Point primes called
prior to the cancellation will be awarded.
- Race Rules:
- All racers are eligible for individual race prize money
- Only current members of the ACA are eligible for series points and series awards
- In accordance with USAC rules, lapped riders are not eligible for primes (or MAR points)
except in the following situation: when a breakaway has lapped the main field, riders in the main field
and the breakaway riders are then both eligible for primes (and MAR points). Ineligible riders who win MAR
points after they are ruled ineligible will be relegated in the MAR competition.
- All racers, except excluded riders as cited in the previous rule are eligible for primes unless otherwise
announced by the officials (e.g. a Women's prime within the A race)
- Qualified racers, both men and women, can race multiple races per week for the entire season.
- Racers who race multiple timer per week must pay entry fees for each race in which they participate.
- Senior men who race multiple races during the points series are eligible to score points in all race classes in
which they're entered. However, once points are scored in a higher race class, further points cannot be scored in the
lower class. Points accumulated in the lower class will not be erased. Masters men (40+) will continue to accumulate
points in the Masters race even if they score in the A, B or C race.
- Women who race multiple races during the points series can score and keep points in all classes for which
they are eligible.
- Riders may change teams mid-season, however the officials and the ACA webmaster must be informed of the change
before the racer is eligible to score points for his/her new team. Team points accumulated by the rider will not be
transferred to the new team. Individual points will not be affected by the team change. Once a rider has changed teams,
he/she must race in the new team's race kit.
- When not specifically stated, all USAC rules apply.
Web Design by: Jack Neyer
ACA Logo Design by Jim Bruno
Logo design funding provided by Cocoa Elite