2019 ACA Summer Criterium Series
Tuesday Beginner Men and Women/Masters 40+ Men and Women Racers
-- PRELIMINARY --
Bud Harris Cycling Park
Sponsored by the Allegheny Cycling Association
Sanctioned by USA Cycling (USAC)
USA Cycling Race Permit 2019-984
0.5 mile banked oval
- Every Tuesday beginning April 9 through August 20, 2019.
- Registration begins at 5:15pm and closes at 6:15pm.
- NEW Optional new rider training and clinic program to be determined.
- Races begin at 6:15pm. Race order:
- NEW Masters Men 40+ USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and Women 35+ USAC Cat 1, 2, 3 (Class M)
- NEW Open Women USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Class W)
- Men and Women USAC Cat 4, 5 (Class C)
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/21, 6/18, 7/16, 8/20) - Masters - Bullet course
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/21, 6/18, 7/16, 8/20) - Women(W) - Bullet course
- 3rd Tuesday of the month (5/21, 6/18, 7/16, 8/20) - C - Normal Oval course
- All other Tuesdays - All races - Normal Oval course
- Shorter "sprint" races will be held on alternating Tuesdays
One week sprint races for C and W and normal length races for M
...the next week normal length races for C and W and sprint races for M
...and so on
..includes USAC and City of Pittsburgh surcharge. Numbers from 2018 can be used if
readable and in good condition.
- ACA members $10
- non-ACA members $15
- First race number is free, replacement fee is $5
NOTE: Season pass holders are considered pre-registrants whose entry in their race is
guaranteed until 6:00pm. Season pass holders for all races must sign in in person by 6:00pm
in order to be guaranteed entry into their race. Season pass holders and day-of-race registrants
that sign in after 6:00pm are accepted into their race on a first-come, first-served basis
until the field limit of 35 is reached. After the limit is reached all racers beyond that
limit will be denied entry in the race.
- Class C (USAC Cat 4, 5 men and women)
- Class W NEW (USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 women)
- Class M NEW (40+ Men USAC Cat 1, 2, 3, 4) and 35+ Women Cat 1, 2, 3)
- You will be able to purchase a one-day USAC Cat 5 license to race in the (C) Cat 4, 5
race and (W) Cat 3, 4, 5 for an additional $10
- Categories are strictly enforced
- Distances depend on light conditions
- Field sizes of 35(C), 35 (W), 35(M) are strictly enforced
Series Points and Awards
- Series points begin June 4
- Points awarded to top eight in the Class C, W and Masters races - 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1.
- NEW -- Separate points scoring for Men 50+ (10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1)
- NEW -- Separate points scoring for Women Cat 4,5 (10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1)
- NEW -- Point scoring for Men 50+ and Women Cat 4,5 are non-paying
- NEW -- Top 3 places to be recognized at the annual banquet
- Team points for C, W and Masters awarded to top eight finishers on
registered teams - 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1
(max three team members can score points per event)
- If a non-ACA member places in the top 8 places, those points are discarded,
they are not passed down to the next ACA member.
- 1 prime worth 1 individual series point each evening in each race*
- Series Most Aggressive Rider (MAR) Class C, W and M
- Winner of each lap in each race is recorded
- Racer with most laps at the end of the race is awarded 3 series MAR points for that class**
- Racer with second most laps is awarded 2 series MAR points for that class**
- Racer with third most laps is awarded 1 series MAR point for that class**
- MAR points do NOT count toward regular series points
- The lowest individual score will be dropped at the
end of the season for Individuals and MAR. Team points are not affected.
- Trophies to top six at annual ACA Awards Banquet.
- Only currently-paidup 2019 ACA members may accumulate points. (No retroactive points!)
- You must register as an ACA member BEFORE the race in
which you participate in order to score points and in order to get the ACA member race discount
(You will NOT be able to join the ACA at the race without having
first registered online!)
* Prime series points are individual only. They do not count in the team competitions.
** Tiebreaker is the rider's place in the final sprint.
The Bud Harris Cycling Park is located at the site of the old driver's training course
at 1401 Washington Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206.
If you're coming across the Highland Park Bridge toward the zoo, skip the zoo exit
off the bridge and take the next exit onto Allegheny River Blvd (Rt 8 south). At the first light,
make a right and proceed 1/2 mile on Washington Blvd to the next light. Make a right
into the Pittsburgh Police parking lot. You'll be able to see the course from Washington Blvd.
If you're coming from Oakland, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill area, follow Fifth Avenue until
it becomes Washington Blvd. Continue on Wash Blvd past the Pgh Fire Fighters Training School. At
the next light, make a left into the Pittsburgh Police parking lot and park in
the lot to the right of the building.
Rules and Regulations
- All USAC Rules apply
- Standard Athletes Release must be signed at race registration
- ACA members can sign one waiver for the entire season
- Please be on your best behavior!!! Abusive or Foul language WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
- This is a Pittsburgh City Park. ACA does not own or have exclusive use of this
- The ACA does have a permit from the city to use this course on Tuesday evenings. However,
please be courteous to other citizens who may be using the course when you arrive.
- There are restroom and vending facilities in the police building adjacent to the course
which we are permitted to use. So, please use the toilets there instead of the woods. Wash. Blvd
is busy and there will be persons and police coming and going from the parking lot, so please no
public urination. You will be DQ'd for this violation.
Do NOT use the parking lot for warmups or cooldowns. The police complain (and enforce this)
every week about this, so either warmup in the infield, use the roads or bring trainers or rollers.
If you use the infield, please warmup in a clockwise direction (opposite of the race direction).
Do NOT park in the lot reserved for the police. The Oval parking is separated from
the police parking.
- Event is held rain or shine, except in downpour/dangerous weather situations
- Promoters reserve the right to combine classes in inclement conditions
- Check the web site and social media sites for cancellations at 5:00pm
- The ACA mail list will also be used to announce cancellations or changes
- NEW Please see our Flood Policy document for further information
Web Design by: Jack Neyer
ACA Logo Design by Jim Bruno
Logo design funding provided by Cocoa Elite